[SunRescue] An intriguing idea...

Wallace E. Owen owen at nosc.mil
Wed Apr 12 12:45:02 CDT 2000

What I did with my 400VA unit when the dink bettery in it died was get a
standard 12V deep-cycle marine battery.  I wired it to my UPS and now
have a unit that can drive my SS2 for 3-5 days (depending on activity).

Now I have plenty of time to gracefully shut down, or just leave it on and
tough out the storm (of course, I disconnect from the phone line).  Helps
with uptime.

Kind of the opposite extreme from Mike Hebel's idea of making one small
enough to be able to unplug, pick up and move an IPC.

  // Wally