[SunRescue] An intriguing idea...

Mike Hebel druaga at pmail.net
Wed Apr 12 13:02:35 CDT 2000

>>What I did with my 400VA unit when the dink bettery in it died was get a
>>standard 12V deep-cycle marine battery.  I wired it to my UPS and now
>>have a unit that can drive my SS2 for 3-5 days (depending on activity).

Y'know...I bet people active in Solar Energy would know more about this.
I'll have to check the free energy pages.  There's probably plenty of
battery usage data there that I haven't seen yet.

>>Now I have plenty of time to gracefully shut down, or just leave it on and
>>tough out the storm (of course, I disconnect from the phone line).  Helps
>>with uptime.

I have a line filter on my modem cable to make sure it handles
spikes/lightning.  It's actually a very good Panamax 4-outlet surge
suppressor with one hell of a guarantee on it. =-)

>>Kind of the opposite extreme from Mike Hebel's idea of making one small
>>enough to be able to unplug, pick up and move an IPC.

To each his own purpose.

Mike Hebel