[SunRescue] 670MP leds

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Tue Apr 18 17:42:48 CDT 2000

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Martin Wedel wrote:

> mainboard : 501-1897

That's not the mainboard number, it's the FRU.  The board number should be
either 501-1686 (5MB/sec SCSI) or 501-2055 (10MB/sec SCSI).

> procs : SM520/SM521

You need a minimum of boot prom 2.10 to use these.  Look for 525-12xx-04
or higher on your PROM chips (-05 or -06 will work).

> video : CG6 single-slot sbus

Should be fine.

>    I searched through the hardware FAQs, and see no mention of this
> mainboard.
>    There are 11 green leds in the 'window' of the card, the following
> are on. 4, 6, 7, and 10. No video, I haven't yet tried a console

Counting from which end?  Counting from 1 or 0?

Check the serial port with a terminal to see if it's getting anywhere.
Also check powersupply voltages, you'll get a beep with +5 but if any of
the others are missing you'll have problems.  Pull the secondary CPU
module (the one that covers sbus slots) while you're trying to get it
running, no sense in making things more complicated than they have to be.

-James