[SunRescue] Keyboard Substitute

josh grubman jg at FALSE.NET
Wed Apr 5 21:38:07 CDT 2000

> On the machines I'm looking for (IPX's LX's etc) lack of the keyboard
> sends the video output to the serial port. Now unless I carry a laptop.
> which I can't generally do. Is there a way to get around this?

you can specify input and output devices as obp envinronment variables.
try setting input-device to ttya and output-device to screen from a serial
terminal once and see what happens. once thet kernel loads, console control
is handled the ttymon daemon, so you probably won't have much luck.

you can buy a sun keyboard from gstek.com or most other parts vendors.

-josh

---
if you don't ask, i won't upset you.