[SunRescue] Re: [Sunhelp] URGENT: Need bootp server for Solaris 7

Kent Rankin krankin at usit.net
Sun Oct 31 21:43:40 CST 1999

>I'm trying to get a NCD 19R xterminal to boot properly off my Ultra5
>running Solaris7.  I *know* it can work - it booted properly, ONCE, while
>I was fiddling with my config (I walked into the other room and it had
>booted). I can get it to be recognized by bootpd, get its IP address, and
>the name of the file to boot ("Xncd19r"), it tries to grab that file (via
>TFTP), but just sits there acking packets every 4-5 seconds.

	You'll also need to load configuration files from your boot directory that
are specific to your X-term.  You should be able to put them together from
the error messages hitting your screen.  Not to mention the NCD-specific
fonts.

	You might want to try naming the bootfile to the IP of the workstation.  If
you can watch the packets, you can determine *EXACTLY* what file the Xterm
is requesting.

	I go through more of the bleeding NCD's than you can shake a stick
at(anyone interested in a pile of NCD19c's?), and have dealt with the
file-loading blues quite a bit.  Strongly considering a singing career based
entirely around this, but I doubt that it would go anywhere since there
aren't many stages in machine rooms.

	BTW, where do you have the bootfile located?

								-Kent Rankin