[SunRescue] 3/160 and Terminals

Yoshiyuki Momma momma61 at cs.newpaltz.edu
Wed May 19 05:18:17 CDT 1999

hi,
obviously the terminal has to be turned on first to use it as a console, and
connecting it while the machine is down is much safer.

ummm.... wrong?? i have no idea on the specific issues on sun 3/160...
my answer sounds a bit silly to me :)

-yoshi
momma61 at cs.newpaltz.edu

> Hi,
> 	Another quick question.  Iv'e heard there is a right order for
> plugging in and switching on when using a vt100 terminal with a sun 3/160.
> I believe that getting it wrong can blow the ports so can anyone tell me the
> right way to do it.
>
> --
> Jon Creasey
> Intranet/Internet Administrator
> JCreasey at wakefield.gov.uk
> --

      ,-~~-.___.             Yoshiyuki Momma
     (  )         0          Graduate Student in Computer Science
      \_/-, ,----'           Math & Computer Science Dept,
         ====           //   SUNY New Paltz
       /  __/~|   /       |  E-mail: momma61 at cs.newpaltz.edu
     =(  _____| (_________|  Web   : http://www.cs.newpaltz.edu/~momma61