[geeks] Tyan Tempest Motherboard Headache

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 07:46:35 CST 2018

Possible CPU stepping issue? Intel CPUs need to be "matched" when running SNMP
(baby!), Perhaps your CPUs are different enough to cause a problem?

Are you sure RAM is good? Most dual processor x86 MBs I've worked with had two
banks of ram, one bank attached to CPU #0, the other bank attached to CPU #1.

(I pulled a laptop out of storage, it would boot, but bluescreen in about 5
min. Turns out RAM went bad, G.Skill replaced it under their lifetime
warranty, maybe the second time in over 30+ years I had bad memory.)

Just a few thoughts,

Lionel