[geeks] Amazing! Tales from the Dell T30 trenches...

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Feb 14 16:00:19 CST 2018

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> The T30 hit all those points, and it was $400 after taxes and a 3 year
> NBD service program ($34, too cheap to ignore).

Yep, it's a great little box for what it is--a cheap way to get ECC memory
into a standard-size minitower PC.  I've got a very similar system
(labeled Precision T1700) as a poudriere build box.  It stays nailed to
the wall with a load average of about 24 without complaint.

It's a little frustrating for not having DRAC and other server-class
amenities, but it fits a very nice spot on the price/performance curve
without being crap hardware.

--
Jonathan Patschke
Austin, TX