[geeks] Dual Xeons - the Saga continues

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 10:59:40 CST 2018

Keep an eye on dellrefurbished.com and sign up for their emails, they
occasionally have 40-48% off coupons that can make those servers VERY
affordable.

Dell has retail, outlet, and refurbished stores.

Retail is (obviously) current model computers.

Outlet is refurb and so-called 'scratch and dent' current model computers at a
discount off retail.

DellRefurbished.com is off-lease equipment (meaning it is 2-3 year-old models)
with limited warranty at a significant discount off original retail.

Lionel

> On Feb 8, 2018, at 9:13 AM, Michael-John Turner <mj at mjturner.net> wrote:
>
> That said, in retrospect I do wish I'd spent the money on a second hand 11G
Dell, something that could take more 3.5" disks and more RAM (DDR3 RDIMMs are
/cheap/).