[geeks] Dual Xeons - the Saga continues

Nathan Raymond nraymond at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 12:33:27 CST 2018

On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 11:42 AM, Mark Benson <md.benson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm stuck. Again. Anyone got any ideas?

Some server class motherboards have a feature where they detect whether the
case is open and if it is, run all fans at max RPM as a safety measure if
it is. In these situations there's typically a microswitch in the side
panel which is wired to a jumper on the motherboard. I would try either
locating the jumper and closing it yourself or going into the BIOS/EFI and
see if there is a place where you override the detection.