[geeks] Hunting for a Sparcstation 5

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Thu Apr 14 07:22:22 CDT 2016

> On Apr 13, 2016, at 2:37 PM, JP Hindin <jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com> wrote:
>
> Greetings;
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has an SS5 they'd be willing to part with for a
(cough) reasonable price. I'm looking after a Cray J98 and would like to get
it running and the place to start is with an SS5.

> I do have a running U1 and U2 (as well as a bunch of U5s that're E10k SSPs),
but the SS5 is the right period piece and I have no idea how finicky the Cray
software it.

> My thanks to all!
>
> (Shipping would be to the US, ZIP 50441)

I have many.  Ibm not sure I have anything other than stripped machines (no
frame buffer, disks, memory, monitor, keyboard, mouse) but Ibll have to do
some digging to be sure.