[geeks] SSD for MacBook Pro

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Tue Jun 30 12:50:26 CDT 2015

On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 14:42:20 -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On 06/27/15 13:31, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> > For important stuff, ZFS is the best, because of the checksumming
> > etc.
>
> Totally.  And if a mainstream Linux kernel and grub2 came out with
> inline ZFS boot support, I would switch all of my Linux boxen to ZFS
> *today*.

I've been running ZFS on Linux (http://zfsonlinux.org/) on three Linux
systems for a while now. One of which is a central logging server with
a respectable amount of writes per day (~50Gbytes).

I wouldn't say it's been problem free, but the problems have all been
down to integration with distribution upgrades. All solvable with a
re-install of the ZFS package and a 'zpool import ...' (and no data
loss).

You'll see more problems going ZFS-only (for boot+root), but of a
similar kind.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 The man