[geeks] SSD for MacBook Pro

Josh Snyder josh at imagestream.com
Fri Jun 26 17:18:13 CDT 2015

On 6/26/2015 5:04 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On 06/26/15 16:53, Bill Bradford wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 09:32:15PM -0400, hike wrote:
>>> My question is what is a good SSD for the Mac?
>>> I need a 480GB--512GB SSD.
>>
>> Intel, Samsung, or OWC.
>>
>> The Samsung problems are due to ext4 + queued TRIM under Linux, AFAIK.
>

> Hmm.  Didn't realize it was specific to ext4.  I long since stopped
> using the ext* filesystems.  Their day has passed; there are better
> filesystems out there.

About five years ago I switched away from Linux on my file server just
because I wanted ZFS support.  Been happily running FreeBSD ever since.
  But what file systems are people recommending today?  I do quite a bit
of Cloud stuff and it's all Linux(mostly Ubuntu) running on ext4 file
systems.  So I know most official images for Linux distro's are still
using ext4.

	 		Josh