[geeks] [rescue] VirtualBox anecdotes - was Re: A wee bit off-topic

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Jun 22 14:54:35 CDT 2015

> On Jun 22, 2015, at 11:14 AM, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You can disagree all you want, but if I build my own PC (no MS tax), go
> online, join the 'insiders program' and download the technical preview of
Win

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/20/8818383/microsoft-windows-10-free-for-teste
> rs
>
> Yes, you can argue that your Win7 purchase 5+ years ago amounts to 'paying
> windows tax' to qualify for free upgrade, but the above describes how to
get
> Win10 for free without ever having to pay a windows tax.

Nothing has said that you have a perpetual license with the insiders program.
In fact, a quick review of the agreement to join the insiders program shows
that the license granted with that program explicitly forbids b
use the
Software in a live operating environmentb
 and that it may b
stop working,
be updated, or removed from your device automatically without notice.b

That ainbt free. ;)

	-Dan Sikorski