[geeks] [rescue] VirtualBox anecdotes - was Re: A wee bit off-topic

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 11:21:50 CDT 2015

Most surveys I've seen for market share are skewed by design - either how
browsers self-identify (leading to usage marketshare, skewing heavily towards
personal web browsing platforms), how web servers self-identify (leading to
server marketshare, but skewed towards web servers), or sales figures (skewed
towards corporate refresh purchases). In order, such surveys favor Windows,
Linux, and finally windows again, unless mobile phones are added, then android
gets a big boost from what I've observed.

Lionel