[geeks] [rescue] Guns - what are they good for? - was Re: TME and Apple II and other Drive emulator questions.

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Mon May 19 15:26:04 CDT 2014

On 5/19/14, 1:15 PM, Michael Parson wrote:
> Long answer: In Texas, open cary of a long gun (rifle/shotgun with
> a barrel longer than 16") is legal, as long as it is not done in a
> threatening manner.  Open carry of handguns is strictly forbidden unless
> you are in Law Enforcement.

Wow.. Oregon is actually more permissive about guns than Texas? Here
it's legal to open carry hand guns without being law enforcement
anywhere. It's highly frowned upon in most cities, but I'll open carry
when out hiking or deep in the woods. Between the mushroom hunters, the
meth labs, (some) gold miners, and the marijuana grows you have to be
prepared.

--

Thank you very much!
Rick Hamell