[geeks] [rescue] Guns - what are they good for? - was Re: TME and Apple II and other Drive emulator questions.

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Thu May 15 17:42:04 CDT 2014

How funny!  You wish to us a big USA city to predict for the entire country?

It would take a lot of work to be sure that Atlanta PD is reporting their
crime load accurately.  I lived in Memphis and while I lived in Memphis,
the PD would submit crime reports to the FBI.  Memphis PD counted each
bcrime elementb as a separate crime.  A neighborbs house was broken
into.
 The breaking and entering was 1 crime and the stealing was a 2nd crime.
 If there were two perpetrators, the number of crimes reported would
bmagicallyb become 4 separate crimes.  This showed a larger numbers of
crimes overall but a greater bsolveb rate for the PD.

Basically, I would give the same amount of credibility to PD crime reports
as David Hemenway gave to the FSU professors.

You also have to note that Atlanta is in the South where guns are more
prevalent.  Many of the suburb communities around Atlanta are "homeowners
are gun owners b.  All that to say, criminal know when people have guns and
restrict their criminal activities because of it.  Metro Atlanta would
be shewed toward the low end and would provide a bogus number.