[geeks] Windows 8.1

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 21:26:28 CDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 9:14 PM, Phil Stracchino <phils at caerllewys.net>
wrote:

> As far as I can figure out, the logic process went something like,
> "People use our software on multiple platforms, and to avoid confusing
> them we should have a consistent user interface and experience.  We
> can't make a phone work like a PC, so let's make everything else work
> like a phone."
>
> Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaah, that's why I modified my car to work like a freaking
> roller skate.   *NOT.*

I installed Server 2012 for the first time, last week.  One of the first
things I managed to do - somehow - is pop-up a virtual tablet-like keyboard.

Talking to a server over an IPMI 600x400 java applet, with a tablet
keyboard suddenly blocking the entire screen .. was a little annoying.

--
Brian Dunbar

"Display some adaptability"