[geeks] Windows 8.1

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Mon Jun 16 21:14:18 CDT 2014

On 06/16/14 22:01, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> I was just exposed to Windows 8 for the first time.  Does anyone
> actually do any real work with this giant piece of monkey shit??
> Whoever designed this puke-inducingly bletcherous excuse for a piece of
> software needs to find a job outside of software development.
>
> User management has to be done through an external website?  Who thought
> that *that* was a good idea.
>
> Windows 7 isn't great, but it is better than XP, and leaps and bounds
> better than Vista.  What in the name of all that is holy was Microsoft
> smoking when they came up with this execrable pile?

As far as I can figure out, the logic process went something like,
"People use our software on multiple platforms, and to avoid confusing
them we should have a consistent user interface and experience.  We
can't make a phone work like a PC, so let's make everything else work
like a phone."

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaah, that's why I modified my car to work like a freaking
roller skate.   *NOT.*

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications