[geeks] Good, cheap GPS?

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Fri Feb 28 00:44:15 CST 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 06:55:29PM -0500, rjtoegel wrote:
> Did you look into Android tabets? B I've used Navfree on a Galaxy Tab 2. B
> My unit seems to be quite sensitive, even picking up usable signal on the
> top floor of work.
> For a hoot, I got Navfree on my iPod. B It uses wifi acess points rather
> than satellites. B It works fine for cities but get away from them and
> you're lost. B It works like a drunk driver (that's why it is so funny) but
> it is surprisingly accurate in cities, getting you to the right place within
> a half a block or less.
>
> Bob

No, I haven't been interested in Android at all, and I still have no idea
what I would do with a tablet. I would prefer a dedicated device and now
that Will has suggested one that looks really good for what I want that is
what I am planning to get.

Thanks to everyone for the comments and suggestions.