[geeks] audio issue with PC case

Rjtoegel rjtoegel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 09:00:42 CST 2014

Only problem with Al foil is that Al oxidizes in air which gives it a
nonconductive oxide coating with makes for lousy contacts.  That's why it's
hit or miss.  Best would be a piece of copper braid from a piece of coax
cable.  Unfortunately it's a bitch to remove from the cable and thread the
audio wires through it.  Another alternative is to wrap the audio cables with
insulated wire with a fairly tight wrap and ground at one end.  That will act
as a shield.  I've used that to cure ignition noise in my HF mobile ham radio
setup.

Bob