[geeks] Help needed with Sun V65x

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Mon Feb 17 21:34:20 CST 2014

That's because it's 32-bit only.  Intel's x86_64 support began with the
Nacona in mid 2004:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Xeon_microprocessors#.22Nocona.22_.2890_nm.29

In terms of Dell PowerEdge models, that'd be what was used in the 2850, not
the 2650.  Still, pretty power hungry.  I'd rather have a 1st generation
(3-digit model #) Opteron over those Xeon chips.

Pat