[geeks] How Sad am I?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 10:02:38 CST 2014

So the other day I dug out a very old, in perfect working order, a 3com
Palm Pilot Professional - popped out the old batteries, scraped off a
wee-bit of corrosion, and two triple A batteries later it's as good as
new...

Then I went on-line to see if I could install Palm Connect software on
Win7/Win8, and it looks like you can...

But I needed a sync cradle - after seeing them on eBay I decided this fit
of retro-computing wasn't worth $15-20 for a cradle, and tried to figure
out what to do with the Palm Pilot.

Then I found a sync cradle in a box in the basement last night!

I was so happy - now I'm gonna load up my contacts and see if I can find
some games and have some fun with my friends... Now all I need is a
computer with a serial port.

These things are SOOOO limited I can't believe it - what are they, some 15
years old?

I actually remember how to 'write' using graffiti interface...

Lionel

--
Lionel Peterson
lionel4287 at gmail.com