[geeks] Windows XP EOL

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 11:19:51 CST 2014

ATMs typically use WinXP Embedded, which was cheaper than 'regular' WinXP, and
MS does offer Win7 Embedded, again, cheaper than 'regular' Win7.

The article I read talked about many big banks with average ATMs that are 10
years old and the need to upgrade Windows OS AND hardware to keep those ATMs
online.

It also discussed how ATM customers (banks) are very excited about the
prospect of integrating multi-point touch into new ATMs. (Interfaces that will
resemble iOS devices, not POS waitress stations...

Lionel