[geeks] Cluster in a box? Interesting item on offer at eBay

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Fri Feb 7 13:57:34 CST 2014

I forgot to add my experience with the iKVM.  It works well enough but it is clunky and relies on a Java applet, of course... make sure you have updated the BIOS/UEFI (itself a big pain), the firmware, the BMC firmware, etc. etc. It works better with some browsers than others.  Not much different functionally than the HP Proliant DL385 G2 series, which are what, 8 years old?

If you have upgraded to the latest JVM you might need to muck around with the "whitelist" feature of the new Java VM, but I have no idea how all that works.