[geeks] Sun V880 available

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 17:16:04 CST 2014

Hello all,

I recently decided that:

A) I will be moving half-way across the country in 6 months
B) I will not be bringing my Sun V880 with me when I move
C) I will not use my Sun V880 before I move

So, I have a Sun V880 available to anyone that wants it. I'm willing to
drive up to 4 hours to keep this machine from heading to the scrap yard. It
is believed to be in good working order, has a full compliment of processor
boards w/ memory (with several spares), three 1100W power supplies (that
run off 110V house current, again IIRC), and 10 FC-AL HDs, all 73 Gig. I
have no further specs, this is from memory.

Want to learn more about the V880? Follow this link:

http://web.anl.gov/ECT/djs/green-network/SunFireV880-ServArch.pdf

For those that don't know, I'm located near Trenton, NJ, and I'd be willing
to drive up to, say 250 miles to deliver/meet anyone interested in the
system.

I picked this up maybe two years ago from a fellow list member, and I've
had very little opportunity to play with this system since I got it. I'd
much prefer it go to someone that thinks they will use it for something
instead of being sold off to my local electronic recyclers for 12
cents/pound as scrap.

Price is dependent on amount of traveling I need to do to rid myself of
this system - pick-up at my house in NJ and the system is free, asking me
to meet you 250 miles away is $100 (essentially gas+meal), shorter
distances will be proportionately less.

This is a big, heavy system, but it should be able to fit in most
non-economy cars without too much drama. It's probably 16U tall (as a
guess), maybe more.

If interested, please feel free to contact me off-list.

Thanks,

Lionel
lionel4287 at gmail.com

--