[geeks] Thoughts on IT work in public schools?

Rjtoegel rjtoegel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 00:08:17 CDT 2014

Being in the classroom for almost 33 years....well...be prepared to implement
some of worse, user unfriendly software that the cheapest money can buy,  deal
with some of the most lost users imaginable (not necessarily the students) and
make the whole mess work.  You'll be expected to be on call 24-7 even on days
off.  And there is always someone who knows it better even when they don't.
I work for a big urban district and I've talked to some lower level IT people
and one of my fellow teacher's husband is one of the top IT people in my
district.  It's amazing how many butts he saved over the years and not gotten
one bit of thanks.  Now that online testing is here (the PARCC) things are
gonna get busy. ;)

Bob