[geeks] Interconnect: Cell phone to house phone system

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 07:04:42 CDT 2013

FAX over VoiP is a different beast than FAX over Cellular.

FAX over VoiP is fine, if properly provisioned & equipped - at $work-1 we had
dozens of FAX machines hanging off Cisco ATA boxes set to handle FAX
communication without issue.

FAX over cellular should and does (typically) work fine, but my experience was
as a support engineer for a telco, and as a telco we were happy to lose
responsibility for getting your decades-old FAX machine to work with our
device.

Don't confuse what's possible with what a corporation will support/is capable
of implementing successfully. ;^)

Lionel