[geeks] Interconnect: Cell phone to house phone system

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Sep 24 14:34:01 CDT 2013

" From: hike <mh1272 at gmail.com>
"
" What's the name of the device that permits a cell phone to be connected to
" a house's phone service.  The house phones would made calls routed through
" the cell phone.
"
" The cost of an additional cell phone and line is significantly cheaper than
" a landline in our area.  It would be easier (to move & travel) to have such
" a device.
"
" If you know what this device is called and/or a good & dependable model of
" such a device, please let me know.  Thanks!

i don't know of such either, but if you've got high spd internet you
can go voip.  mine is ~$7/mo on top of my dsl, and my house wiring
plugs into the ata.

clever programming with a cell modem in an asterisk box might do the
trick.