[geeks] OS X 10.9 & Mac Mini 3,1 - no sound

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 15:12:22 CDT 2013

Hello all,

I have installed the latest incarnation of OS X, 10.9, since, well, it was
free. Having done this, it appears I have lost audio on my Mac mini
(macmini3,1) - a 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo box with 8 gigs of RAM installed. I'm
confused because I can't find any similar reports on this issue with the
latest version of OS X.

The desktop does not have a speaker icon.

System Properties lists an Intel High-Definition Audio device with no
details available.

I believe this was working under OS X 10.7.?, I'm positive it was working
fine before I put the machine away, after I upgraded the RAM.

Has anyone else seen an issue like this? Is my 'Google-Fu' failing me and
this is well-documented? Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Lionel

--
Lionel Peterson