[geeks] request for assistance

Andrew Jones andrew at jones.ec
Thu Oct 17 11:51:07 CDT 2013

On 10/17/2013 12:45 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> That only matters if you're more concerned with the almighty dollar than
> using skills and talents to help an organization
> or group whose efforts or cause you believe in.

If it's a cause you believe in, you're part of the member/donor base,
and that's the context that matters. I am in no way disparaging
volunteering your services in lieu of money for a cause you believe in.

Having a charity/non-profit you know nothing about phone you up out of
the blue and ask for services for free is very different.

> You're also free to turn down work if you think it doesn't pay enough.
> Did you perhaps get burned by a charity/nonprofit in
> the past and have an axe to grind?

"Burned" is the wrong word for it.   But yes, I did find myself working
with non-profits at one time.  I have a little bit of experience here.