[geeks] Building a local IMAP server on OpenIndiana

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Nov 26 23:41:02 CST 2013

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013, Google wrote:

> mark at proliant-1:~$ ls -la /mpool/mail
> total 6
> drwxrwxrwx+ 3 root root  3 2013-11-24 17:17 .
> drwxr-xr-x+ 5 root root  5 2013-11-24 13:50 ..
> drwxrwxrwx+ 5 mark staff 9 2013-11-24 22:20 mark

That's fine for a machine that doesn't have any other accounts on it, but
that's probably not what you want.

Dovecot will run as you when doing mail things, so it's actually okay for
all the files and directories under there to gw-rwx.  If it created that
tree, I don't see why it would do something like that.

Still, that doesn't explain why it can't drop a lockfile.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "No matter how much the government controls...any
Elgin, TX         %  problem will be blamed on whatever small zone of