[geeks] Simple web server?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Mar 28 14:35:44 CDT 2013

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 13:37:10 -0400
Bryan Fullerton <fehwalker at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've used thttpd in the past for extremely simple projects.
[...]
I have quite some experience in hacking thttpd for an embedded device.
Up to the extent that I added SSL and rewrote the authentication
module. thttpd is OK if you wane serve static content. But stay away of
it if you need CGIs. CGIs with thttpd is particularly inefficient, as
each CGI request causes at least two fork(2)s. Also keep in mind that
thttpd is inherently single threaded. If you wane serve large files
(CD / DVD images etc.) you neet to run it on a 64 bit machine to give
it enough virtual address space to do its mmap(2) work.
--

\end{Jochen}

\ref{http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/}