[geeks] Simple web server?

b4 b4 at gewt.net
Thu Mar 28 11:15:51 CDT 2013

On 2013-03-28 12:06, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Isn't it possible the issue is as likely to be the administrator as
> the
> software?

That's what I was thinking.  I know that applies to NT 4. ;)  Everyone
always tells me that NT 4 would constantly crash and break!  It only
would if you had an incompetent NT 4 admin. :) (This only applies to NT
4)

> I would contend that someone that chooses to go down the
> less-well-travelled
> road (nginix) has far less support resources available to them than
> someone
> that goes with 'Old Reliable' Apache.

When I tried to configure nginx as a proxy...I had difficulty finding
particularly useful documentation aside from official manuals and
whatnot.  But it's still much much lighter.

> Also, consider the motivations of someone that chooses nginix - either
> they
> are looking for a web server to run on a system with limited resources
> OR they
> anticipate heavy user volume. There is a third possible motivation -
> attempting to find an easier to administer web server than Apache due
> inexperience administering web servers.

Apache's configuration files are....absurdly well documented though. ;)
I spent a lot of time removing all the comments once...