[geeks] Keyboards

Jonathan Groll lists at groll.co.za
Wed Mar 27 01:38:10 CDT 2013

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 23:02:29 -0400, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net> wrote:

> On 03/26/13 22:37, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> > Thanks for posting, I was looking at those not too long ago as it may be time
> > to replace my kinesis keyboard.  How comfortable does the positioning of your
> > wrists feel with it?  I really like the spacing that the kinesis has between
> > hands, and find that it puts my wrists and arms in a more relaxed position.
>
> I've been meaning to try a Kinesis for some time and never got around to
> it.  It's too soon yet to say for long-term on the TECK; I think the
> spacing is good, but I'd probably be happier if the split angle were
> five to ten degrees wider.

As a Kinesis user I like what I see about the Truly Ergonomic (TECK)
and it will be something to consider for my next keyboard.

Big difference looks to be that CTRL and ALT are used by pinkies and
not thumbs, may not be great for avoiding Emacs pinkie. Also, the
Kinesis hardware provides for OS independant programmable keyswaps and
macros - does the TECK have something like that?

Cheers,
Jonathan
--
jjg: Jonathan J. Groll : groll co za