[geeks] Backup habits of users (Was: Apple and backup habits of users (Was: Windows backup...))

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Mar 26 22:03:17 CDT 2013

" From: "Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at artell.net>
"
" []
"
" Elapsed time on-site, four minutes.  60 * (2500/4) = $37,500.
"
" Was he grateful that I'd kept "that *******" from suing him?  Not on your
" life.  He was livid.  I had made the fix look "too easy" and thus lessened
" its perceived value.  He would have been delighted if it had taken me a day
" and a half, but a four-minute fix just p!ssed him off.

there's just no pleasing some bosses.  great story!