[geeks] Apple and backup habits of users, was Re: windows backup software

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 10:20:55 CDT 2013

I took their 'invention' to be the 'Plug it in and it just works' model (AKA
backup appliance for Macs) - on that I'll grant them a bit of hyperbole.

Was there anything similar (one-click backup setup) for Macs or PCs at the
time. That it could be cobbled together isn't the point, it's that it was
offered as an actual appliance you could walk in and buy at a retail store.

Lionel