[geeks] windows backup software

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Mar 22 16:21:26 CDT 2013

On 21-Mar-2013 21:48, Stefan Molnar wrote:
> Use rsnapshots.    On windows install Cygwin,OpenSSH,rsync,rsnapshots.  Then
> use a unix box with plenty-o-disk with rsync/rsnapshots.  Backup every hour or
> every 6 hours, daily,weekly what have you.

No backup server at the moment, and there are some features I want rsync
doesn't do for me.

Right now each machine has an internal backup drives and an external
backup to NAS.

I do use rsync for specific backups of things like music libraries though.

I've always sorta chuckled at Apple for "inventing" Time Machine, which
is about 90% rsync/hardlink tricks, and some Apple OS and app specific
knowledge and features.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-keys which had a name of 0x5936BC24.asc]