[geeks] windows backup software

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Fri Mar 22 12:36:06 CDT 2013

On 03/22/13 13:20, Cory Smelosky wrote:
> On 22 Mar 2013, at 13:16, "Phil Stracchino" <alaric at metrocast.net> wrote:
>> I just finished up a trial of True Image.  In image mode, it's nice and
>> fast and seemed reliable.  File mode backup was horrendous...  it
>> estimated five days for a file-mode backup of a machine with mirrored
>> 320GB disks.
>
> Wow.  I can copy 320G over IDE over Fast Ethernet faster than that!

Seriously.  And this was GigE to a ZFS array over twelve spindles.  That
array can push some SERIOUS bandwidth.  (In fact, Bacula backs up a
terabyte of data from that array to LTO4 in about four and a half hours,
and the bottleneck in that operation isn't the array.)

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.