[geeks] Reverse engineering TV firmware...

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Fri Mar 8 18:52:00 CST 2013

 because, why not?

I threw up a blog post with all the technical details of what I found. I'm
just trying to see what the boffins at Insignia have put together for my flat
screen.

The file downloaded as firmware from the TV manufacturer seems to have
multiple parts concatenated to one file. This includes a .ZIP file I was
successful in removing, but it also has one (or many?) LZMA files in it, which
I can't seem to extract. More info is here

http://vote4katz.com/?p=347