[geeks] State of the BSDs (Was: [rescue] Transplanting a Sun Fire V210 motherboard - PSU requirements?)

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Mar 8 16:31:03 CST 2013

On 06-Mar-2013 01:57, microcode at zoho.com wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 01:43:17AM -0500, Mouse wrote:
>>> What, no mentions of Dragonfly BSD?
>>
>>> But think about it... single OS and filesystem spread across hardware
>>> of your own choice
>
> As long as it's Intel x86 or AMD64... no support for any other platform at
> this time.

...which makes sense given that there is very little support (of
generally usable nature) for anything else anyway.

I am hoping they keep it clean enough to make porting workable if/when
other architectures become practical.

After all, no matter how things look now, this is still the computer
industry and things can change even when powerful players try to stop
it, sometimes faster when they do.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-keys which had a name of 0x5936BC24.asc]