[geeks] Showing values used by a jvm - I am not getting something

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Mar 2 00:12:44 CST 2013

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013, William Enestvedt wrote:

>   One thing that I found useful was using `/usr/ucb/bin/ps awwx` in
> order to get ALLLLL of the arguments that Java was using (whereas the
> default `ps` trims the output). One of my colleagues reminded me that
> GNU `ps` would do this kind of thing, but I knew that I already had the
> /usr/ucb/ binaries installed. Sweet!

I've found on several platforms that redirecting ps output to a file or
setting COLUMNS to a very large number is also a workaround for that sort
of truncation.

--
Jonathan Patschke  |  "The significant problems we face cannot be
Elgin, TX          %   solved at the same level of thinking we were at