[geeks] Speaking of Google Nexus - Is anyone else's as unreliable as ours?

JP Hindin jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com
Mon Jun 24 09:10:49 CDT 2013

I bought my wife a Nexus 7 for Christmas and the thing spends more time
sitting on the counter unused than it does being fiddled with. It seems
like every time she wants to use it, it's complaining about having a flat
battery, or it simply won't power on.

She'll charge it all night, and then try it the following day and it'll
complain of a flat battery. She'll try it a half dozen times and then plug
the daffy thing back in and a couple hours later it'll play ball.

Sometimes it just won't come on. You open the case and it doesn't light
up. You'll hit the side button to power it on, nada - blank screen.
Sometimes if you hold the side button for 30s or so it'll come up,
sometimes it won't. Give it a day of sulking to itself, and it'll come on
fine.

Admittedly, she uses it irregularly and it gets charged irregularly, so
I'm sure sometimes it really does have a low battery - but I can't figure
out how if it was low yesterday, charged overnight, it should be convinced
it's low again /now/.

Seems like it's seriously finicky to me and it's really beginning to annoy
my wife. But I have faith in Asus and mother Google, so I'm not quite sure
what to think.

Anyone else dealt with this nonsense? Are they just like this? Or are we
daft?

Cheers;

 - JP