[geeks] WWW help

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Jun 15 00:54:05 CDT 2013

My test Wordpress site on Hostmonster was set up through a redirect. The
installer they use puts this in the .htaccess file:

One thing they do which I cannot figure out how to get rid of is use redirects
on things like Wordpress.

Here is what they do:

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteBase /derailedpress/
        RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
        RewriteRule . /derailedpress/index.php [L]
#</IfModule>

Is there not some other way to do that to avoid the redirect? Its extra load
time, about 100-300ms with the browsers and performance tools I've used today.
Also it seems for reasons I don't get, some browsers like to pause when
hitting things like 301s.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com