[geeks] Cat6 between buildings and grime proofing?

Andrew Jones andrew at jones.ec
Thu Jun 13 11:21:03 CDT 2013

A 100 meter "patch" cable is a few hundred bucks.

Terminating your own fiber really sucks and the tools are not cheap.  I
have done it once, under supervision.  Once was enough.

For perspective, I've had datacenter providers who found it more cost
effective to keep stacks of 10-20-50-100-150-200 meter cables than to
train people to terminate fiber on demand.