[geeks] Powerline Phone

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sat Jul 20 20:02:36 CDT 2013

" From: "Cory Smelosky" <b4 at gewt.net>
"
" I'd use the existing lines here but
" rooms are wired together that really shouldn't be and I'm not a qualified and
" trained telecoms professional so I don't quite know my way around the box
" outside (which might be the telco's property anyway...)

it is.  if it leads to a jack and plug in your bsmt, that's the demarc
- the jack is theirs; the plug, and all the house wiring, is yours.
if your wiring is too old for this, reckoning the demarc is more
difficult, but it might be where the wire enters your house.

phone wiring isn't rocket science - but i say that as someone who
a) worked for bell labs
b) started my career as a hardware jock

you can probably find a diy book in your local library.