[geeks] Ongoing: fun with 3d printing

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jul 15 11:00:32 CDT 2013

Ordered the Printrbot Jr. at the beginning of June; finally got it about
three weeks later.  Didn't get aroudnd to having time to assemble for
another week.

Got it assembled and printing (the orange tardis is a first-night print,
uncalibrated), fiddled with adjustements and tweaking and calibration,
and then a few days ago blew up the controller board (Printrboard) due
to a miswired cable (that I had supplied).  D'oh!

Fortunately, Brook Drumm the owner of Printrbot went "Ow!" when he saw
the pics and *sent me another for free* - a $120 part!  The 'bot is back
up and running as of last night, and I'm still tuning and tweaking..

Pictures from the printer assembly:

http://www.mrbill.net/3d/pbjr-build/ (there's more, I gotta dig them
up)

Pictures of some fiddly sample output:

http://www.mrbill.net/3d/output/

Did I mention that I also ordered a Printrbot Simple ($299 kit)? :)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas USA