[geeks] Samsung ARM Chromebook

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Oct 30 11:46:44 CDT 2012

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-XE303C12-A01US-Chromebook-Wi-Fi-11-6-Inch/dp/B009LL9VDG

> What are the specs?

Dual-core 1.7Ghz Exynos ARM, 2G RAM, 16G SSD.

> What's your Internet connection?

50/10, but it's also been working fine doing wifi tethered off my Galaxy
Nexus.

>How responsive is the Chomebook's performance?

Very.  It's not a Core i3, but it's faster than my Thinkpad x120e that
was an AMD E-350.

>How responsive is the web-usage performance?

Just fine.  No lag/wait/etc.  Facebook for example renders just fine.

>If you have an Amazon Prime account, how is the Instant Video performance?

I do, but I haven't tried that yet - Youtube looks fine in 720P so far.
Sound is good.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford