[geeks] SunHELP Status Update

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Nov 30 10:33:22 CST 2012

" From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
"
" []
"
" Personally, I find the lists a wonderful resource when I'm beating my
" head against something and just not making any headway, and KNOW there's
" something I have to be missing...

ditto

" and I'm totally in agreement with you
" regarding Oracle's attitude to the Sun hobbyist community.  What I can't
" figure out is whether they don't KNOW that Sun hobbyists are some of
" their best and most dedicated evangelists, or whether they just don't
" give a crap unless they can turn that into a single number that can be
" written down on the balance sheet.

i think they're just all about the money.

" (Fuck you very much, Harvard School of Business, for teaching that if
" you can't put a number for it on the balance sheet, it doesn't exist.)

they also teach the mistake that you don't need to understand what a
company does to manage it, you only need to know management.