[geeks] SunHELP Status Update

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Thu Nov 29 22:29:15 CST 2012

On 11/29/12 19:09, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I just posted a news item to the site, one of the longest I've done in a
> while.  Please take a look; I would love your feedback.
>
> http://www.sunhelp.org/2012/11/29/still-here-still-going/

My wife says, "Not the garage, but I understand the desire for raised
flooring in the *deckhouse*."  (Which is where my two full-cabinet 78"
racks live.)

(Disclaimer:  I haven't actually raised the subject of raised floors.
But she didn't bat an eye when I put a 2" cable port through the wall of
the house from the deckhouse.)

Personally, I find the lists a wonderful resource when I'm beating my
head against something and just not making any headway, and KNOW there's
something I have to be missing...  and I'm totally in agreement with you
regarding Oracle's attitude to the Sun hobbyist community.  What I can't
figure out is whether they don't KNOW that Sun hobbyists are some of
their best and most dedicated evangelists, or whether they just don't
give a crap unless they can turn that into a single number that can be
written down on the balance sheet.

(Fuck you very much, Harvard School of Business, for teaching that if
you can't put a number for it on the balance sheet, it doesn't exist.)

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.